The Truth About Dental Implants
Missing teeth can present various challenges in your day-to-day routine and have a significant impact on:
- How you feel about your smile
- Your oral health
- Your overall health
But you may be wondering:
“What’s the truth about dental implants?”
Keep reading to learn:
- What they are
- If you’re a candidate
- The benefits
- The cost
- And more
Let’s get started.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants replace natural missing teeth.
Every year, millions of implants are placed by dentists in the United States, which makes them a very common and popular option for replacing teeth.
Dental implants are:
- Made of titanium (a strong, lightweight metal) and other materials
- Surgically placed into the upper or lower jawbone
- Replace tooth roots, which serve as a strong foundation for either fixed or removable replacement teeth that sit above them, which are made to match your natural teeth.
Who can get dental implants?
You may consider choosing dental implants if you experience any of the following:
- You hide your smile because you have missing teeth
- Your dentures are not comfortable
- You’re not happy with your removable partial dentures
- You don’t have or don’t want your other teeth to anchor a bridge restoration
- Your tooth has become infected, and you need it pulled
- You have difficulty chewing food
People may choose implants to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or support a complete set of dentures.
Dental implants can be a cost-effective and smart solution. Contact our dentist in Gretna, Nebraska for more information about dental implants.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants have a wide range of benefits.
- Improved speech, oral health
- Improved appearance and comfort
- Easier eating
- Durability and convenience
They look and feel like your natural teeth, can boost your self-confidence, are durable, convenient, and provide support for your overall oral health.
Dental implants also assist in supporting or improving your speech, comfort, and chewing abilities.
If you’re located in Nebraska, our office’s commitment to advanced technology allows procedures to be efficient and simplistic so that you can smile with confidence!
How much do dental implants cost?
Each dental implant procedure is very different, so costs are always given as a wide range.
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the average cost for a single dental implant is between $3,000 to $4,500.
That average price range includes the placement of the implant:
Several things factor into an implant’s cost, including:
- The dentist’s geographical location
- Fee structure
- The number of implants a patient receives
No insurance? No problem! Neighborhood Dental offers an affordable alternative to dental insurance: our in-house savings plan!
Need dental implants in Nebraska?
Dental implants may be a good option when teeth are lost because of disease or an accident.
If you’re considering dental implants, talk to a dentist to help you decide which option is best for you. Neighborhood Dental has seven locations conveniently near shops, restaurants, workplaces, and children’s schools.
Our Gretna office is fully equipped with modern technology and many patient comforts.
We’ll discuss your concerns and goals for your smile at your initial appointment. We’ll also examine your mouth and other factors to determine if dental implants are right for you.
Schedule your appointment below:
Comments are closed.